Thursday, May 29, 2014

Sea cabins


Who's not dreaming of vacations these days (no matter if this dream is going to be true or not)?
But this is also one of the busiest periods of the year, especially for those who have children at the last grades of high school, like me.

Except the usual works there are also some extra ones at home, (like hiding the winter clothes deep in the closets, cleaning and taking off the carpets and etc) and at the same time the kids have to study for their exams when the only thing they really want is to go for swimming (or windsurfing in our case).

Anyway, today I have a craft for you, that could have been another very easy D.I.Y.

To make the sea cabins I used a piece of wood which was not so good, it had also strange proportions and even the little houses I cut out of it, are not very well cut. I didn't even sand them down because I'm not in the mood for that now (sorry! I told you that I'm busy these days, ha, ha).

But even though they're not perfect, don't they look cute?


There are only six cabins but I painted something different on each side.


I used stencils for the hearts, circles and numbers and paper tape to make the stripes.


How many combinations do you think I can make?


I haven't decided what to do with them yet. Maybe I'll place them on a shelf as a decoration and make different combinations whenever I want.
I can also use them on the table under a hot pot. 


Or I can put hooks on some of them and make a hanger.


I don't know yet.

What I know, is that I have a surprise for next week. So, be here.
See you.



No comments: